Thursday 28 January 2016

THE SMALL AND LOUD VOICES OF GOD!



Most of the times when we want to hear the voice of God, we expect to hear a very loud voice that will make us attentive, either because it came with so much commotion or roaring like a lion to make us hear.   But on the contrary, most of the time the voice of God is a very small voice that will always be felt in your Spirit.  On very few occasion you will hear God speak loudly, because he speaks loudly through people and the nature and most of the time we miss out because of the many activities that are surrounding us and hinder us to hear.  For you to be connected to the voice of God, you must be born again because the Spirit of God lives in our hearts.  Having mentioned that, I do not mean if you are not born again, God does not speak to you.  

God is for all and that is why he created us human beings in his image.  He speaks to all of us in the natural way and that is why when he rains the rain, he does not rain it only to the Born Again Christians only, but rains the rain to all.  When he gives us the air to breathe, he does not do that to only those who believe in Him, but he does it to as all because he loved us even before we loved him.  John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”   God has given you a choice to make, either to love him by accepting his Son Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior or reject Him by not believing in Him.  Simple!  The choice is yours because when you chose to accept Him, then most of the time He will be speaking to you in very loud and small voices through your heart, and he will always use you for his glory.  

To be able to hear His voice loud and clear even in the lowest volume, you have to be connected to him through the Word, Praise and Fellowship with others and His creation.  God is so real and so sweet.  Most of the time people think when you are Born Again you can never enjoy life because you are forbidden to do so many things that the flesh loves doing and that is why many have been imprisoned by the devil and do not want to have a personal relationship with Him.  That is a lie fashioned from the devil because, God has given us life in full to enjoy it while we serve Him even in our lowest moments.  When we are low or when we are passing through painful experiences or even when he forbids us to do some things, it does not mean that God has left us or does not want us to enjoy life.  God uses our painful experiences or what he forbids us,  in order to trust in Him; to believe in Him and to know He is the only one who can give us peace in our hearts and help us overcome all our storms and fears.  We are told that, in this world there are so many troubles and tribulations, but when you have Jesus in you, you are able to overcome them all through his power and guidance.  “1st Peter 1:6 In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.”

“John 16:33 I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble. But take heart!  I have overcome the world.”  In this world, no one is special than the other.  We all face troubles and at the same time, we enjoy good times that come our way, though packaged differently for the glory of God.  That is why we should give thanks to God both in good or in bad because, whether we like it or not, God remains God and no one can change what he does because he is the Supreme Being.  The creator of both Heaven and the Earth and everything in it belongs to God.  So, God is everything to us whether we like it or not.  Isaiah 45:18 For this is what the Lord says-he who created the heavens, he is God; he who fashioned and made the earth, he founded it; he did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited-he says: “I am the Lord, and there is no other.”

The Holy Spirit is a person and we should all understand that.  People call him it.  Some knowingly others unknowingly, but today I want to clarify to you He is a Person.  Have you ever heard when someone is giving a story may be about an encounter and you hear them say, “Something told me”?  Yes! I am also fond of saying the same sometimes.  That which we call ‘something’, is no one else, but the Holy Spirit.     He speaks to all of us whether we know Him or not.  But for you to hear Him very clearly, you have to be connected to him through Jesus Christ the Son of God.  God is God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.  He speaks to us in His three dimensions that I have mentioned.  No one has seen God, but he came to us as a man and lived with us in the person of Jesus Christ.   Jesus went back to Heaven and God sent His Holy Spirit to walk with us on daily basis and that is why He lives in our hearts because, He was sent to be our helper, counselor, friend and many other aspects that we know about the Holy Spirit in the absence of God in the flesh.John 14:26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.”

“Philippians 2:6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.”

Last week I obeyed the Lord when he told me to wake up and go to see a doctor I had postponed to see for some months now and I did not know what he was up to.  I obeyed that voice because I was meant to go to work, but instead there was this small voice that kept on telling me to go to see the doctor.   I woke up and did exactly that and that day I had so many victories in the Lord.    First, I met this lady that I never knew before and from our fellowship I realized she is someone who knows about someone I really love and care about.  From what she shared with me about this person, I felt in my Spirit that the Lord wanted to confirm to me many things he has been telling me about this person and I should not give up on him but wait on Him.  I was so much in shock that someone that I had never met or known would tell me some important information about someone I care about and confirm the same since the Lord had spoken to me. I was so excited because the Lord spoke so loud through the woman as she confirmed to me so many things I had in mind in relation to this friend and wanted to know whether what the Holy Spirit was speaking to me was true or it was just my thinking and my way of seeing things.     

From our encounter we became friends and she told me I am a blessing to her because her Pastor had preached in their church that, in 14 days, they will meet their destiny connectors and for her, I am the person because the person i am talking about is someone very special in her life.  Reconnecting her with the person through our fellowship will be a very good thing because she is now my witness as all what will come to pass she will be among the people who will say, for sure that is God's doing and not a man's doing.  For me that is exciting.  This encounter reminds me of a story in the Bible in the Book of Acts chapter 8:26-40  where God sent Philip to go and meet the Ethiopian man.  Philip obeyed God and went and guess what, He wanted Philip to be the Ethiopian  destiny connector because he is the one who explained to him what Isaiah was meaning from the eunuch was reading and from that encounter, the eunuch received Christ and was baptized and the rest is History.  When she mentioned that to me I felt something in my heart that actually God has picked on me to be a blessing to her and not only her but to many that He will bring my way.  She told me to do something, that I had never planned to do in my life and I obeyed her words.  Of course as a human being we expect things to go your way, but we should be cautioned that things can never go our way, but God’s way and he will always guide us.  When I obeyed her and did exactly what she told me to do, not only did the Lord give me peace in my heart about what I am going through, but I got two major breakthroughs through divine connections that He brought my way through the channel of my special friend that I love and care about.   What am I talking about?  When you open your heart to be used of God and to listen to his voice, He will show you many things that you do not know and he will guide you.

As I write this, I am very excited to know that God cares so much about me more than my problems, and he is very ready to help me all through if I obey and listen to his voice.  Today, I can’t tell it all about my Lord because he has been a faithful and a loving friend.  When we chose God and all what pertains Him, he will always not put us to shame and he will always be there for us in everything we need. 

The world may not understand this because most of the time they look at us in the worldly eyes, but God looks at our hearts and he answers our prayers and our cries to him.  If we put our hope in him and trust in him, he will always meet us at our very point of need and he will come for us.  It does not matter what storms we are going through or what joys we have.  God is a good God and he is not a respecter of persons.  Acts 10:34  Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons”  He only wants us to obey him and be ready to be used of him at all times. 

Are you trusting God and waiting upon him? Do not lose hope or waiver.  God will come at the appointed time and he will meet you at the very point of your need. He will use all what it takes to reach out to you and come for you and deal with your needs.   He has done that for me in the past, he is doing it now and I know even in future he has already done it.  It is just a matter of time and all will come to pass for my good and for his glory.  I pray the same prayer to you that the Lord will meet you at the very point of your need and you will see his love and faithfulness because he is a good God.  Amen! 

May the Lord help you  always to  listen to his voice and hear it clearly whether in loud or small voices.  God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment