Wednesday 30 March 2016

WHY I DO NOT LISTEN TO KISS FM, CLASSIC FM AND THE REST!



Today, I had a privilege to walk to work.  Most of the time when I am walking I have a serious conversation with the Holy Spirit and if you met me, you may think I am a mad woman because, I talk and laugh to myself.  Most people do not understand that I am having a fellowship with the Holy Spirit or I am simply talking to my inner self and analyzing things in a godly way through the guidance of Him who is inside me.

So, today I had this revelation and I started asking myself, "What is this that has made me so strong in the things of God unlike in my past?"  I remembered one time a friend of mine told me, “Rose, kwani nowadays imeokoka hivyo naonanga kwa facebook?”  In other words, “Rose, are you that saved as I see you on Facebook?”  That is not a funny question from my friend.  The reason being, we grew up together and he knows who I really was that time and what he has been hearing about me as life went on,  like …  Of course I did not get offended at all but I was happy that he realized I am no longer the same Rose Gatobu they used to know or see because there is so much change in me, as I invited a very good friend in my heart and that friend is non-other than  Jesus Christ the Son of God, to take control of me. 

So, what does all these stories relate with listening to Classic FM, Kiss FM and the like?  Well, I want to clarify this before I am judged and stoned to death, listening to all those sorts of Radio Stations is not bad, but the bad thing is making them become your god.  I will confess I was a fun of all these Radio Stations that promoted less of the Kingdom of God, and nowadays I hear them chipping in some of godly songs and topics in a way of luring us who are godly, so that we do not miss out anyway!  So, you will hear them bring Christian Songs here and there so that you continue listening to them and to be honest you can be hooked to them bad style.   Please do not quote me wrong because every business has its way of persuading its clients and those are gimmicks or real aspects that work in the business to make you not stop listening, especially if you call yourself ‘Born Again’ so that you relate with them.  I will call that “compromising persuasion” because I have been persuaded once, twice, thrice … if not many times.  That is why you see many people who love God fear even to say they are Born Again because they listen to Classic FM, Kiss FM etc. lest you will judge them.   

I am not a judge today to condemn everyone who listens to such Radio Stations, but I want to just give my testimony of how I won most of my battles that I have fought, while I was listening to these stations.  As a matter of fact, I am a fun loving person.  If you want to see Rose in her real self, it is where there is fun.  Unfortunately, the fun I was looking for in the world, made me not believe there is fun in the Kingdom of God.  I used to think fun is out there and thus I would be carried away by the crowd so that I can have fun.  In the process, I tried drinking and it never worked for me as the Lord did not want me to indulge in that.  So, I would drink the sweet drinks like Smirnoff Ice, Reds, Wood Pecker and the rest.  They are in the market, though I did not try more than those three, in the name of, I am just taking a soda because they were so sweet to state for me and that is what I was running after.  But by the time I took my third bottle, I realized the talkative Rose, all of a sudden kept quiet.  The effect of the drink to me reversed who I really was.  I loved that calm, cool and collective aspect but I hated the outcome, that is, the nose bleeding, my head spinning like a record player and the restlessness.  I tried that for an year and I realized that drinking of the sweet drink that had so much content of alcohol, just because I wanted to feel good and have fun with my friends and please this man that I really wanted him to marry me, was taking me nowhere but giving me over to hell on earth.  I wondered what on earth do people fathom in drinking.  Anyway, we all have different ways of having fun but for me, I said it is a big NO to drinking and when the Lord delivered me from that, that I was starting, that would have cost my life, I just thank God today because, even if I see anyone with a whole crate of alcohol, I will never envy them but ask them if they can turn it to a crate of milk.  That, I can fight for because I know it is a healthy drink for my body.  I thank God I am not bragging because I know, if it was not for God, maybe I would be this lady who would be picked from a trench in the morning having had drunk myself silly.  I am not judging any woman you see in this position but I want to say, I pity such a woman and I will never shun her but look of ways I would help.  Though some times, some issues cannot be changed that easily unless God himself intervenes. No wonder there is a place in the Bible that says, “This kind can come out only by prayer and fasting”.  Who would want things to reach that far?  Lord have mercy on us!

So, what about listening to the Classics FM, Kiss FM has to do with all what I am saying?  By the way, when I say that, I do not mean I do not listen to them.  I have learnt so much from the Classic FM, the Kiss FM and others that I do not know what happened to them like Metro FM.  I can tell for your hearing that, Metro FM helped me receive my emotional healing since I was really hurt by men.  I would listen to these women who were in my shoes and the advises they would get like, “Leave him alone, he is not the only man in this world. He has used you, but he has not finished you”  And I would wonder, are there people who really go through what I go through and are able to air it out just like that on this earth if they are not acting?  And from their testimonies I just found myself healing and forgiving all my offenders just because someone came in and told me to my ears from the airing, “Rose, you are not the only one, there are many there out like you, it is only that they do not tell about their hurts.  From Classic FM, I learnt about the many evil things that happen in relationships that I would never have imagined would happen but this station made me learn so many things that women and women struggle or struggled with from their open confessing, that they would sleep around and do all these crazy things and to me that world sounded crazy and I was like, “How can a married woman or man just sleep around?”  Until I learnt it the hard way and from their testimonies about the crazy things they do in this world, made me see the real world and not my world that I thought I was in.  That is the time I realized we are in a doomed world but only the wise in the Lord will make it in life.  From the same station today I know so much that is done in the evil world though I do not do them, but I am very informed you won’t just take advantage of my innocence like in the past.  That is why I said, it is not bad listening to them to some extent but we have to be very careful. 

In the process of my listening to these stations in the past because I listened to them day in day out, I realized that, I was attracted most of the time by what interested me especially the Gospel Songs that were played, the Love Songs that were played and I love, Love Songs for your information and the educative programmes that were aired.    And I guess that is why I was really hooked to tuning in to these stations.   But, wait a minute, one day I asked myself, “Why do I keep on slipping to my already dealt with issues?”  I got to realize the more I listened to Love Songs, the more I wanted a man in my life we do all what I heard the song saying and most of the time I was attracted to men that were not godly and thus they would end up wounding and hurting me because we did not read from the same page.  From such relationships, I was never loved, but lusted for, I was never appreciated but rejected, I was never respected but unrespected, I was never valued but taken for a trash, I was never seen to be good for anything but branded the woman who says she is saved yet she does the things of this world because I compromised a lot and my list is endless. 

So, I asked myself, “What can I do so that I remain loving to my Lord and still enjoy my life?”  And the Lord answered me one time I was praying and he told me to stop listening to songs of this world, to stop reading what is of this world and to stop watching stations and sites that are not godly.  So,  what did I do?   I stopped listening to Classic FM, Kiss FM and the rest and I started listening to Hope FM (http://tunein.com/player/station/97175/?n=201603300451&PartnerId=5ai5q4d2&serial=2C7B43D7-DE26-43DD-A531-B21BB4D76280)


I also started watching godly stations like TBN, Family TV and the rest.  I do not open on sites that are not godly and that has also helped me a great deal.

That was the secret!  I never knew all what I lost in the many past years when I listened more to my past stations and the victories I am getting today when I listen to Radio 316, Hope FM and other stations that are godly that I listen to and also watch.  I praise God day in day out because I have a better relationship with the Holy Spirit in relation to my worshiping God, having a personal relationship with God, knowing the friends to walk with and leave e.t.c.  I am more hooked to the things of God than to the worldly things.  I can tell you more, but this space is not big enough to contain all the victories I have got after I made a personal decision to choose to what I listen to, what I read, what to watch and what to talk about. 

Writing is my best friend today.  I feel so happy when I sit down and write such a piece to tell you how God speaks to me in relation to my change and also impact the same change to many people.  I might be talking alone here, but I know deep down my spirit the many souls I help through my writing are many.  And that is my Ministry, to reach out to the unreachable and to speak to those that are lost, weak and torn yet are ashamed by what they are going through or who they branded to be by the world and that is not who they really are.  The devil is a liar he always wants to win you instead of you being won by Christ just because the devil has chained you with his chains and wants you to be in his league.  But on the contrary, Jesus wants you to surrender to him and give him all your baggage and he will give you rest.  I am a living proof to say that, "Grace wins every time" like the Singer  Matthew West would put it in his lovely song "Grace wins every time."  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a1WKcB7umU).  

Mark my words, I am not here to condemn anyone listening to Classic FM, Kiss FM and the rest, but I am here to tell you, after I listened to these stations less, the more i received my emotional healing, I was delivered from many struggles I had, and I am living proof that Grace wins all the time.  Not my weak points but my strengths through my Lord.  That does not mean I totally do not listen to the stations, I do listen to them once in a while, especially when I hear something so weird being said and done in this world and I am like, does such things really exist and that makes me understand the things that are done in the world that I should never engage in so that I can make a sober choice.  Life is about the choices that we make.  If you make the wrong choices, they will always land you to the wrong places and if you make the right choices then you will land in the right places. 

Today, I have been very consistent from my Facebook Page and Google Page (blog) in relationship to my God.  I am no longer the Rose Gatobu people used to know.  I am a Christ like Rose Gatobu and I am not ashamed to share any of my stories to help most of my readers who might be where I was in the past.  I am not a finishes project yet, the Lord is still doing his thing in my life and I am glad I made the choice to make him my King and Lord.  That is why I believe, you can never win others if you will keep your testimony to yourself.  You can only be a testimony if you share your testimony and prove to the world that you are the change that the Lord wants you to be and that is the invitation the Lord is inviting us to daily, so that we can have a personal relationship with him and our lives will never be the same. 

God is not a respecter of persons nor does he discriminate.  God loves us all equally and he would love us all to be Born Again and receive his blessing while in his kingdom and not in the Kingdom of the evil one.  What do I mean?  “Does it mean that if I have backslid God cannot even want to see me or if I compromised most of the time, God has nothing to do with me?” One may ask,  I will tell you, if you want a change, you will try your level best to be a good disciple of Jesus if you had once given your life to him.  When you fall you will ask for forgiveness and try your level best to deal with your weakness than blaming others, self and human desires.  If I did not make a paradigm shift to start doing right and stop compromising and making people happy, then today I would not be the Rose Gatobu that I am but a totally lost Rose.  You will realize when you take such a shift, you will not be loved by many, you will be judged, you will be rejected, and you will be called all sorts of names.  I left all my friends since I realized I was going nowhere with them, I spend now most of my time with my children and I have created a stronger bond with them; and they have also adapted my new life, as they are born again and they do all what I do and that is my first church that I preach to.  To be honest, my church (family - children) is doing well because of the change that I have brought to them. 

“So Rose, you are still not telling us what is wrong in listening to Classic FM, Kiss Fm and the rest?”  You may ask once more,  I said and I will say it again, there is nothing wrong listening to these stations but the wrong thing is making them your gods because most of the time the greatest percent that praises God or educates you on the good things is 10% the other 90% it praises of the world which you do not belong to, if you are a child of God.  The choice is yours today.  Make the right choice and you will become the choices you make.  Have a lovely day and God bless you a great deal!!! 


2 comments:

  1. cool piece Rose you have inspired me a lot. May the lord continue to bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wao! Nice to hear from you Aggrey Amimo! Very encouraging too to hear that from you. You have touched my heart! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete