Thursday 30 May 2024

KNOWING THE TRUTH

The Verse of today 30th May, 2024 comes from John 16:13 

'All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.” But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. '

John 16:13,15
https://www.bible.com/bible/111/JHN.16.13,15



Yesterday, i shared the verse that talked about how God has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the Kingdom of his Son he loves.  In whom we have redemption the forgiveness of sins.  If you call yourself a child of God, just know you are redeemed of the Lord.  His blood covers you and thus you are justified to go to him just the way you are.  Do not shy away to go to God because you have struggles that way you down.  Accept you have them but work on them as you walk with the Lord daily. 

 

If you were able to read the article to the end, i hope you received Christ as your Lord and Savior.  If you did not, say this standard prayer after me and you will be born again.  "Pray this aloud: "Lord Jesus, I repent of my sins and surrender my life. Wash me clean. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. That he died on the cross for my sins and rose again on the third day for my Victory, I believe that in my heart and make confession with my mouth, that Jesus is my Savior and Lord."  https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=standard+prayer+of+salvation+

 

If you have said  that prayer; now you are a child of God. Look for a Bible believing church near you so that you can be fed in the Spirit through the word of God and grow Spiritually as you fellowship with others.  You can join Church online meanwhile if you can't identify a church very soon.  Church Online helped me grow in the word of God.   I believe your life will never be the same again.  The church will guide you very well before you get a physical church of your heart desire around where you are. https://www.life.church/ 

 

When i came in the morning to do my morning devotion, i was in a state of anger.  This is because, someone i really love made a comment that made me get so mad.  I vented and vented and vented.  This was in protest in something we have been arguing about for an year now.  I hate when i argue especially when i argue so bitterly because i give a very different picture of who i am. As much as i struggle with that aspect.  I am reminded that God still loves me even in my weakness.  He will help me overcome that bad behaviour that i learned from my home that i use as a mechanism to defend myself when i am judged wrong.  What is your struggle?  You see we have redemption through Jesus Christ by the forgiveness of our sins.  I will tell you for sure as a christian, temptation will always follow you.  What will help you is the Holy Spirit who will guide you not to sin depending on how you relate with him.  As for me i struggle with quick to anger when offended. 

 

Today's, verse in John 16:13,15 is telling us that Jesus helps us understand the truth (Himself) in the Spirit.  The Holy Spirit does not speak about himself but speaks on behalf of who has sent him and that is Jesus Christ our Lord. 

 

When you understand that the Spirit will guide you in all the truths, you will keep rested in the Lord as he guides you through the pains we go through in the world.  My today's pain was dealing with a friend who doesn't trust me.  The reason for him to think of me in that way, i am yet to know because we are in the state of knowing each other on a deeper level.  If you are getting my point you will understand what i am talking about.  

Things to do with trust are very tricky and very delicate to handle.  People have lost trust in so many ways especially in relationships whether private or public.  You will find that, TRUST is an aspect that is affecting every human being and therefore trusting anyone is not that easy.  Its very frustration when you are in a relationship with someone who doesn't  trust you just because of the insecurities they have faced in life.  When i say that,  I do not mean people can not trust each other.  But for someone to trust you, you have to test that person many times to earn it in relation to the world of today.  That test is not easy because it comes with a lot of fights, arguments and other factors to prove you can be trusted. Especially if they have been affected negatively in relation to trust.  In the Bible we are told not to trust every spirit because not all spirits are of God.  'Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. '

1 John 4:1
https://www.bible.com/bible/111/1JN.4.1

 

We see the Bible is warning us about false prophets and that is why we are supposed to test the people who claim to be men of God before we trust them with our hearts by following them as our Church leaders.  Any spirit that testifies against Jesus coming from God; that is the spirit is of antichrist.  'but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, '

1 John 4:2-3
https://www.bible.com/bible/111/1JN.4.2-3

 

Therefore let us test all spirits around us; starting with the spirit that leads us to loving God and doing what he commands us to do by being the followers of Jesus Christ.   For you to be able to test the spirits, you can only walk in the true spirit of God that testifies that Jesus is Lord.   'But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. '

Galatians 5:18
https://www.bible.com/bible/111/GAL.5.18

 

We have many spirits/aspects that are affecting the people of the world in relation to trust.  The only way to fight these spirits is to walk in the Spirit of God and be guided by Him.  How do you know that you have the Spirit of the true God. 1. The Spirit of God will always agree with the word of God 2.  The Spirit of God will lead you to freedom. When i got offended by my best friend and got very fumed, i went to the word of God and i was reminded by the Holy Spirit that, i should not be quick to be anger.  'My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you. Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. '

James 1:19-22
https://www.bible.com/bible/111/JAS.1.19-22

 

As much as he hurt me terribly with his sentiments that portrayed he doesn't trust me, i was not supposed to get angered but understand where he was coming from in relation to trust.  Was he betrayed by someone he trusted and wants me to prove to him am trust worthy?  If that thought came immediately in my mind, it would have agreed with the word of God by taking it positively through listening, then take time to interpret that in relation to the word of God and the Holy Spirit would not have led me to getting angry but understanding my best friend. I do not know how to face him in the evening because i acted stupidly trying to defend myself.  I always tell him he should trust me.  But how does he trust someone who has not proved to him that he can trust?  Passing the test of trust is not easy but enduring it will bring good fruits especially in relationships that are dear to you like marriage, business partnership, work relationships among others. 

Let us familiarize ourselves with things that can break trust. 1. The spirit of Lying 2. Being too secretive 3. Breaking promises 4. Being a hypocrite 5. Using dirty tactics and cheating and my list is endless.  

It doesn't  matter in what relationship you are in; if you do those 5 things that i have pointed out there, you will not be trust worthy.  For me, i have to go back and ask for forgiveness because of my bad behavouir of venting vehemently before taking time to digest to understand where my friend was coming from. My actions were not meant to cover up anything, but i was just defending myself in relation to what we were talking about that affected me since my interpretation was;  "he is suspicious of me cheating on him some day." Of course i cant prove that i will not, but when i say i am walking in the spirit, I believe the Spirit of God will not led me to cheating?  And i pray i will never do that.  For him to trust me i have to prove to him am trust worthy by doing what is right not venting and defending myself adamantly.

 

If what you are doing - whatever it is, if it is not in tandem with the spirit of God (Word of God) then you need to check yourself.  The Spirit of God produces gifts that lead us in doing good as opposed to doing wrong: 'But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other. gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. '

Galatians 5:18,22-26
https://www.bible.com/bible/111/GAL.5.18,22-26

 

In all this, what am i driving at?  Well, let us be led of the Holy Spirit in what we do.   What the Spirit is leading me to do today is to go back to my friend by swallowing my pride and ask for forgiveness and make him understand why i felt the way i did so that we solve that problem amicably.  But i should promise myself i still have a long way to go; to make him trust me.  And for him too, he has to pass my tests to enable me trust him.  So we are on a journey of getting to know each other in order to entrust our hearts to each other, gearing to our future goal that we will announce when the time is ripe. 

 

As i pen off, i hope i have talked to your heart and helped you understand; let us walk in the Spirit of God as He will guide us in all our endeavors.   'The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, for, “Who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.'

1 Corinthians 2:14-16
https://www.bible.com/bible/111/1CO.2.14-16

We have the mind of Christ, let us be led by the Spirit of God.

Bye for now dear friend.  Hoping to see you tomorrow as i share with you the days' message in relationship to my experiences that relate or teach something new.  

 

Please comment and share with your friends.  Subscribe on my YouTube Channel  Thank you for your continued support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3mXbh0EHpU

https://nuriakenya.com/product/my-pain-my-miracles-by-rose-gatobu/?fbclid=IwAR1FDGu7gAdMIHHj9WjVC8dJDzmoNpccMl-hDIhREOpIO_V6GCQ3olnKvVI



2 comments:

  1. Hi friends. Kindly comment. Let me hear from you. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing inspirational teachings I've heard the truth, keep up the good work protected and directed by the holly spirit.

    ReplyDelete