Tuesday 28 May 2024

ARE YOU A GOSSIPER? WELL ...

The verse of today is from Colossians 1:13-14 'For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. '

Colossians 1:13-14
https://www.bible.com/bible/111/COL.1.13-14

When I woke up in the morning, I did not know what the day will bring and therefore, I opened my phone and because I have downloaded the App, I decided to read the verse of the day as shared above. I was able to memorize it very fast and I thank God I did. But I had to take a keen reading of the two verses so that it can sink. I was able to do this because I came to work early. And I felt the love of God just flowing within me that, as a child of God, he rescued me from a dominion of darkness and brought me to a KINGDOM of the Son he loves. In whom i have received redemption the forgiveness of SINS.

You see, God is not interested with my sins because he dealt with that 2000 years ago where he allowed his Son Jesus to die for a sinner like me and be redeemed of him once and for all. As I write this, i am not coming as a holier than thou person, but a sinner who God loves so much and thus allows me to go to him without shame because he knows and understand me even when I sin. What he calls for me is to repent always.

Yesterday, I was talking to my best friend, and I remember I gossiped around three people. This is because, these people have not been treating me well and I felt offended by their behaviour towards me. When I say I gossiped I want you to understand gossip is a sin and God doesn't like gossipers. But in one way or the other, we find ourselves gossiping may be because we want to vent as a relieve from the pain inflicted by the people we are gossiping, or we are trying to put a point out so that the anomaly can be corrected. May be to find solace from the hurt because you are not able to face the offenders and thus opt to find solace sharing with someone you trust and believe in who will not judge you harshly but understand your pain or maybe you are gossiping them because you would want the person you are sharing with to find time and talk to them. There are many reasons that enable us gossip around. Let me share with you the meaning of gossiping. Gossiping is talking about other people's private lives: Stop gossiping and repent. https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=what+is+gossiping+mean


Now that you know, imagine you are a gossiper. It doesn't matter who you are whether born-again, atheist, non-believer; add to the list what you believe in. You will understand that we sin daily by gossiping. When God put Jesus to die for us once and for all he knew for sure we are capable of sinning on a daily basis. But to avoid them coming daily to die for their sin, i will make one of my own to die for them once and for all so that they are able to come to me just the way they are to seek for help from him. Therefore, he brought his KINGDOM to his Son Jesus Christ so that when you are in that KINGDOM you are protected by the blood of Jesus and thus the guarantee that God will hear us even when we are in our sinful nature.

I am sure sometimes we forget to repent and we just pop up to God with our needs pleading for his help in time of our need and forget that yesterday, we gossiped and did not even remember to say we are sorry. Even in that state of sinfulness, God doesn't reject us but hears us and answers our prayers because he rescued and redeemed us from our sinful nature (the Dominion of Darkness.)

Having had said that, i am not advocating to gossip but let us repent when we find ourselves in that state of sin remembering we are but sinners who were redeemed by the blood of Jesus. We are in the Kingdom of God and thus God will not judge us harshly but would love us especially when we acknowledge we are sinners and are quick to repent and have a good relationship with him. God wants us to be holy like him. We can only be holy through the blood of Jesus. Do you know Jesus as your Lord? If not, please join his Kingdom because in his kingdom there is fullness of joy even when hurting. His comfort and love speak to us and gives us hope to face everyday challenges.

This is what the Lord impressed in my heart today. I hope I spoke to your heart. If you did, please leave a comment.

You can also connect with me on other platforms to receive the same. 

 I need your support by Follow, Like, Comment and Share with you friends. You can also buy my book. Thank you for your continued support.

 God bless you and have a lovely day!

This is your friend, Rose Gatobu 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3mXbh0EHpU&t=21s 

https://nuriakenya.com/product/my-pain-my-miracles-by-rose-gatobu/?fbclid=IwAR1FDGu7gAdMIHHj9WjVC8dJDzmoNpccMl-hDIhREOpIO_V6GCQ3olnKvVI 

https://www.tiktok.com/@rozieken



No comments:

Post a Comment