Friday 31 May 2024

BEING KEPT IN PERFECT PEACE

 Welcome to Rose Gatobu Inspirations 


Today's verse comes from the Book of Isaiah 26:3

 '“You will keep in perfect and constant peace the one whose mind is steadfast [that is, committed and focused on You—in both inclination and character], Because he trusts and takes refuge in You [with hope and confident expectation]. '

Isaiah 26:3
https://www.bible.com/bible/1588/ISA.26.3

 

In the recent past, i realized i am not reading the word of God on a daily basis.  So i called myself for a small meeting because i realized i am not doing very well in my commitment to read the word of God on a daily basis to hear what God is saying.  Some days i would be consistent but some other time i will forget about it and concentrate on doing my own things.  During the time i am not reading the word of God, i have realized i use my own understanding and many things that i do backfire a lot because am not guided by the Lord.  Using your own understanding means, doing things according to the way you want without a guidance. As a child of God, there is one who guides you if you allow Him to.  And that person is non else but the Holy Spirit.  How will the Holy Spirit Guide you?  

 

For you to be led of him, you have to receive him so that he dwells in you.  How do you accept him?  By receiving Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour through confession with your mouth believing that he came from God. This is not coming from me but from the Word of God as we read Romans 10:10:-

'For with the heart a person believes [in Christ as Savior] resulting in his justification [that is, being made righteous—being freed of the guilt of sin and made acceptable to God]; and with the mouth he acknowledges and confesses [his faith openly], resulting in and confirming [his] salvation. '

Romans 10:10
https://www.bible.com/bible/1588/ROM.10.10


Now that you accepted Christ, and (if you have not done so, please do so."  Then you qualify to be a child of God and you can face God in whatever state of life you are in; because you are justified.  What is being justified? I know you may ask if you don't know what it means to be justified. Simple! It is to be declared righteous?  How now?  Well, you see, accepting Jesus who died for you on the cross through his blood that washes you white as snow and makes you whole.  What can wash my sins away?  Nothing but the blood of Jesus...  Sing with me the song 

 

Haki Rose you are getting deep. Yes, i am getting deep because many times we get away with our sins we think God is pleased with us.  God doesn't love sin. But because of his love, he overlooks it for he gave his Son to die for us!  Do not celebrate when you sin and  see things still going on well with you and think God is pleased with you?  No!  Just know it is because of the justification that comes from his Son he loves; Jesus Christ.  And this doesn't just happen but happens through our life in Christ.  Listen to what Galatians 2:20-21 says:-

 'I have been crucified with Christ [that is, in Him I have shared His crucifixion]; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body I live by faith [by adhering to, relying on, and completely trusting] in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. I do not ignore or nullify the [gracious gift of the] grace of God [His amazing, unmerited favor], for if righteousness comes through [observing] the Law, then Christ died needlessly. [His suffering and death would have had no purpose whatsoever.]”'

Galatians 2:20-21
https://www.bible.com/bible/1588/GAL.2.20-21


Oh, my goodness!  Behold what manner of love that Father has given unto us ...  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojHxW3zMGyU You see the life you live is no-longer yours but Christ.  He lives in you, because he bought you with a price.  

'You were bought with a price [a precious price paid by Christ]; do not become slaves to men [but to Christ]. '

1 Corinthians 7:23
https://www.bible.com/bible/1588/1CO.7.23
 

 

So do not go boasting around thinking you are living your life.  No.  Someone paid a big price for you and therefore you ought to live like Him and be like Him. (Jesus)  But how can you live a life for Christ and you keep on sinning?  Well, my answer will be this: You are justified.  Period! I will repeat that.

 

Yesterday, i told you how i struggle with short temper.  I will have to make a confession that, that is not the only sin i struggle with.  And i know you also agree with me that you also have your struggles.  Yes, now we are talking.  We are all sinners and anyone who says they have no sin they are liars. 

'If we say we have no sin [refusing to admit that we are sinners], we delude ourselves and the truth is not in us. [His word does not live in our hearts.] If we [freely] admit that we have sinned and confess our sins, He is faithful and just [true to His own nature and promises], and will forgive our sins and cleanse us continually from all unrighteousness [our wrongdoing, everything not in conformity with His will and purpose]. '

1 John 1:8-9
https://www.bible.com/bible/1588/1JN.1.8-9 

I have many struggles but i always work on them on a daily basis because they manifest differently.  This is because once i deal with a sin, another one pops up and i wonder,  "I thought finally i will be free from this?"  Ole wako my friend!  It is not over until it is over.  You will be shocked sinning is always with us and we sin daily depending on what we sin about.  Therefore we are called for repentance.  

 

One day, i sat next to this handsome well dressed man in a Matatu (Public Means) along Westlands area in Nairobi.  The guy looked awesome from dressing, he smelled wao! and carried himself with a very good persona like a banker https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=persona+.  Oh yes!  Actually he looked like a  Banker.  Anybody in the house who is a banker?  Guys, bankers are always smart, well presented, cool, calm and collected not to leave news anchors too.  I can imagine you are now getting the picture of the man am trying to talk about.  But something let him down in a big way as much as he looked official and professional.  He lied! What?  Yes he did.  How?  He received a call from someone i do not know and he lied where he was and that made me feel offended?  Whey would he lie?  Such a smartly dressed person?  So, let me ask you, how many times have you lied weather you are smart or not?  Let me share my experience just the other day about a lie i made that is still disturbing me because i have not confessed to my best friend about it.    The other day, i had an argument with my best friend.  The ague was about my phone.   He loves checking on it now and then to see who is talking to me secretly.  Hahahahah  If you can remember my yesterdays story about trust you can relate.  Yes, this day he told me he wants to use my phone torch so that he can light a room that did not have lights to check on something.  I gave him the phone. But while cooking i remembered there is something i lied to him about some money and i knew for sure if he gets to see the amount he will be offended i lied to him.  When i remembered that, i  ran towards him and snatched the phone because i did not want him to see the message that would show the exact amount i got.  I stared complaining he is snooping on my messages as a coverup not knowing i was trying to hide my lie. Thanks be to God he did not see that but am still not at peace until i confess.  You see what i was talking about priding in the sins we get away with?  Anyway, I will confess this evening because i am not in perfect peace because of my Sin.  Heheheheheh!   You see lying is a sin.   With all his smartness, this man struggles with lying too.  Let me rebuke you today as i do to myself, a lying tough is a sin and God is disgusted by lies.  Please it is not me saying, but God; Let us read Proverbs 12:22 

'Lying lips are extremely disgusting to the Lord , But those who deal faithfully are His delight. [Prov 6:17; 11:20; Rev 22:15] '

Proverbs 12:22
https://www.bible.com/bible/1588/PRO.12.22  If you practice that, please stop.  Stop it and start living in the truth.

 

Back to myself.  I call myself a child of God yet i have short temper and i lie?  Leave me alone, i enjoy the grace of God that enables me to go to his throne of grace because that is where the righteous run into and they are safe.  I confess every time i see i have done wrong because the Holy Spirit convicts me to repent and walk in righteousness.  My purity is what God wants and that is why i put all my trust in him in hope he will save me from all the evil and guide me in the right path.  Therefore, in that state of mind he keeps me in his perfect peace because i am steadfast.  Hey Rose!  Today you are preaching.  Not really my dear friend.  Am expressing what the Lord is putting in my heart to share with you so that you can understand we a on a  journey and this journeys is based on putting all our trust in the Lord because of his love-kindness, mercy and faithfulness.  Not because of how good we are but because of his unconditional love for us.  And therefore being committed to him he gives us peace and joy that enables us live a joyful life even when things are not working well with us or going through a storm.

 

When i was reading the verse Isaiah 26:13, the word steadfast caught my eyes as i wanted to understand when you are steadfast what does it mean so that i will be kept in the perfect peace?  This is what it means: being loyal, faithful, committed, devoted, dedicated, dependable and reliable.  When you are all that to God.  The Bible tells us he will keep us in perfect peace.  Who can be in perfect peace in this world that is full of dramas and uncertainty?  You may ask.  Well, it means you do not practice the above virtues to enjoy the peace of God.

 

I was sharing with my best friend how a friend of mine when we were growing up went through a painful experience.  I will not call her by her real name lest you know her, but Faith was getting married.  We were in our twenties then.  As a single Mum i was really happy for her hopping one day,  I would get married and live happily thereafter as they say.  But in that happiness and joy, on her wedding day, the car her mother in-law was riding in got an accident and she died on the spot together with other family members i can remember the number.  Those news broke my heart terribly and wondered how did Faith cope with that pain of loss.  I mourned with her but i could not imagine the loss.   When, i looked at Faith she looked very okay and not very perturbed by the ordeal as i thought it would have affected her. Instead, she looked stable and at peace.  I kept on wondering what kept her in that peace?  Now i understand because she was very committed in church.  She loved the Lord with all her heart even from her actions.  But that did not spare her the pain majority of us go through; in the loss of our dear ones.  But what keeps us in perfect peace?  Only God can do that because he knows and understand us and can only allow what we can bear because he knows our fears and weaknesses. Let us read 1Corintians 10:13

'No temptation [regardless of its source] has overtaken or enticed you that is not common to human experience [nor is any temptation unusual or beyond human resistance]; but God is faithful [to His word—He is compassionate and trustworthy], and He will not let you be tempted beyond your ability [to resist], but along with the temptation He [has in the past and is now and] will [always] provide the way out as well, so that you will be able to endure it [without yielding, and will overcome temptation with joy]. '

1 Corinthians 10:13
https://www.bible.com/bible/1588/1CO.10.13


So, as i pen off, are you steadfast in Christ so that you enjoy the peace of God that surpasses all understanding?  Lets see what Philippians 4:7 says;


'And the peace of God [that peace which reassures the heart, that peace] which transcends all understanding, [that peace which] stands guard over your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus [is yours]. [John 14:27] '

Philippians 4:7
https://www.bible.com/bible/1588/PHP.4.7

 

Brothers and Sisters let me wish you all the best hoping to see you on Monday, 3rd June 2024 God willing for another sharing.  I hope i have spoken to your heart.  That is the message that the Lord put in my heart to share with you today.  Until next week, have a lovely week end. Bye! 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment