Tuesday 18 October 2011

A DREAM

Well, many a times we dream and we are not able to tell what the dream was all about.  They can be nice dreams or even horrific.  Well, I dread a horrific dream because it makes my night long and tiring.
 
Yesterday I had a dream.  Well, I will talk about what happened yesterday prior to my going to bed. I had a very wonderful day and kinder busy because of meeting some deadlines I had on some assignments, work and personal issues.  I could not walk out of office at the office closure time.  All in all I managed to do what i was able to do and left for home.

Reaching stage (Bus Station) I complained going home because I really argued with a Bus Conductor because of increasing my transport from 40/= to 50/=.  It really pained me and I encouraged other passengers in the bus to air their sentiments for being the first one to complain and everyone was at the loudest voice protesting on the same.  Well, I am not saying that as an achievement, but it was part of my predicaments and I had to air out my views and feelings which did not yield to any fruit because in the morning I paid the same 50/= with no quarrels because I did my part yesterday by talking it out though nothing was done about and I think guess that is how my pain ended.  Anyway, that was beside my story but I want to go back to my dream story. 
               
When I reached home I was happy that I arrived safely and with no problems.  I had to embrace my lovely son who is home and I had some time to bond with him.  I made sure he has gone to sleep so that I can have my time and do my Quiet Time of which I did and it was such a lovely encounter and I learnt a lot. In that spirit, I had a call to my best friend whom I talked to for more than hour and I had such a wonderful time and I was ready to go sleep well and have my sweet dreams. 
 
I did not take long and I had such a wonderful sleep but in the course of my dream I had a dream that made me get confused and disturbed.  I was wondering was this from God or just from my subconscious mind. It was a very hard situation of choosing between two dear things that I could not let go.  In my dream and I shared with a friend the dream and I asked her what to do and help me chose from the two choices.  So, I sought her help and she picked on the option I did not like but she had facts on why she picked for me that choice.   I got really disturbed and I did not want to tell her I did not like her choice but had to agree with it since in a way she had the facts that I also had but did not want to believe in.  Anyway I can’t remember how it all ended but I was left confused and not knowing what to do.  I can’t also remember seeking intervention from God on the same, but the dream ended and I woke up.  

I sat down beside my bed and tried to remember the whole dream and it was such a torture because I have issues that I can’t really solve or tell how they will end but they have been disturbing my soul.  In the morning when I woke up and prepared to go to work, I called the friend I was dreaming with so that I can share the dream and I hear her version in the real sense.  Guess what I heard, "Hallooo ni nani?  heee!!!!,” She picked the call and replied.  Then i was like “it is Rose have you left home?”  I asked.  She replied.  "Mimi, niko mbali sana."  After that remark, I could not speak or ask anything because I felt put off fully and I do not know if anyone feels me or i am just in my own world judging her or feeling sorry for myself because someone I really wanted to listen to me and share with my dream was not in the same wave length. 

Sometimes, God can be speaking to you through your friends and most of the time we struggle even being good friends with our friends.  I was expecting her to reply in a very jovial mood and enjoy with me the dream and also help me come up with either solution to what was disturbing me in the dream and we share about it because it has also bothered me for long.  Remember on a normal circumstance, I do not know if I would have shared with her because those are very personal issues to discuss with every friend but through a friend the Lord showed me in a dream that, that is the person I should either share with or listen to that person’s version.  But I had a revelation that it is not always that the Lord will use that person to interpret that dream for you or make use of them to help you come up with solutions.  No. The Lord wants to speak to you directly and also give you a burden about others.  Well, why am I saying this?  After sometime, my friend realized that the person who was talking on the phone was me her good friend and she was very sorry she put me off that quickly and she told me she had lost her phone with all the numbers and she did not have my number which made her react the way she did. Well, I did not quarrel her or behave offended but I felt bad that she did not come to my rescue and help me when I really needed but the Lord helped me realize he wanted me to speak to her because she sounded very wounded and worked out.  Today, I have chosen to pray for my friend and tell God to give her, the breakthrough she needs and to bless her.

Many times we want God to come down and give us instructions so that we can serve him or do his work, but it will never happen.  The Kingdom of God is with us and we have to make it come.  (Matthew: 6:10 your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.   Brethren, did you have a dream and you are wondering who will interpret it for you.  You have all the power and mandate to do all what the Lord has called you to do.   Joel 2:28 And afterwards, I will pour out my Spirit on all people, Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams your young men will see visions.     We are in the times of the Lord and if anyone is waiting for another time it will never come to pass.  Can we love on God because when I do my quiet the Lord reveals a lot to me.  I always imagine if I read the word of God just the way I do facebooking, how much more will the Lord speak to me even to those really stubborn issues that i struggle with solving?

Why have I shared this story/dream?  I will not really tell the dream because it is touching on very personal matters that I cannot really share here.  But I want to say that the devil knows our concerns and he will always torture us with all what we think about but the Lord wants us to pray about it and surrender it to Him.  Why am I saying this, in real sense, that dream did not need me to struggle because one of the choices I was to make was already taken and I was just left to take the other choice because that is what was mine.  But the devil will always bring confusion that, what is already taken is yours which is not the true.  The remaining choice was mine and is still mine and that is what I should thank God for because that is what He wants for me.  As a matter of fact when I woke up I did not need to struggle with the choice because it was already done for me it was at rest but I have refused to admit it, that is why it is still conscious in my subconscious mind and no wonder I had to dream about it.  It was just a matter of me knowing what I wanted and taking what God has provided for me and appreciate it period.
  
I want to encourage you.  Do you have a problem with letting go, yesterday during my Quiet Time, read (Genesis 19:1-26) I was reading about Lots wife and I realized that she was struggling with letting go!  May be she loved Sodom and Gomorra and that is why she turned back to see what she was leaving instead of focusing on what God had purposed for her.  You might be like me who is struggling with letting go because you really feel that, which the Lord is taking away should have been yours, please I plead with you join with me in making a prayer that the Lord will help you and me to let go and trust Him for what is ours and ask Him to help us to have patience because most of the time we lack patience.  You do not need to be turned to a pillar of salt and lose what God has ordained for you.  Trust in the Lord and lean not on your own understanding and in all your ways acknowledge him and he shall direct your path.
 
Be blessed and learn how to interpret your dreams too!  Amen!

 

1 comment:

  1. Hehehehe! Just going back to my mails. I cant believe i wrote this. It sounded very interesting even to me the writer. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete