Tuesday 17 September 2013

I THOUGHT I AM BORN AGAIN!



Have you ever done something and asked if you are really saved?  Most of the time when we lie or may be try to cover up something that we know is not really right or you have used that fake receipt to claim or reimburse for an imprest and you know it is a lie (done this severally just to be on point with my little petty cash) and so on and so forth. You can fill the list for me.  Do you realize all these are sins whether small or big? 

Today when I was coming to the office I met a friend we were working with one time and I asked him about someone we were working with who really frustrated me for no apparent reason.  And I wanted to know how they are fairing and the friend told me they are doing well, actually they are placed in a very good office.  I felt bad.  I said, no!!! This person should be taught a lesson for once.  They really mistreated me and they ought to pay a price at least so that I can feel yes!  They got it.  Anyone feeling me? If you said yes, I thought you are saved too?...Lolest!  Anyway, my point is this, most of the time we do not wish those who hurt well.  In one way or the other we find ourselves really wishing them bad and that is not good.  That is a sin!  As I was walking to the office I started telling God to forgive me because that is  not of God.  The Bible tells us to forgive one another.  Because in the cause of our friendship, we might hurt one another and we need to forgive one another.   
(Matthew 6:14) For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.  But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins

I thank God as I continue having a fellowship with him, He is really pinpointing my flaws and making me understand they do not please him at all and I should change and be more like him.  Very true most of our sins is hidden it’s only God who knows them.  But I am happy that when we know we have sinned we can go back to him and confess our sins and he will forgive us. Glory be to Jesus!            (1st John 1:9-10) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.  If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

He knows everything about me even that lie that I will lie tomorrow and the days to come.  But his love for me is so great and it’s not about me, but about him who died for me and was made a sin so that I may live and have life and have it more abundantly.  (2nd Corinthians 5:21)  God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.  So I am free and free indeed and I should enjoy life because that is what he has called for me as I serve him and wait upon him. (John 10:10) The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full

As for me I am praying that the Lord forgives me and I forgive this friend of mine that I thought I never had any issue with.  I now know there is something between her and me that I need to sought out with my Father in Heaven and even with her when one day I will meet her.  I am praying that God will give me courage to tell her what I have always felt in my spirit in relation to her and me.  I know it will not be easy, but I am asking my Father in heaven to give me wisdom on how to handle the matter and also wish her well.  Look at it this way, even as much as I had a grudge with her, God is still blessing her and lifting her.   I will just be left there in my pain and unforgiving heart and her she is moving on.  How does that feel, that your enemy is doing good?  It feels bad.  But what does God say?  Do you hate on them or love them.  Love your neighbor as your love yourself.  That is what he tells me.  Who is your neighbour? Only those those are good at you?  No!  It is everyone whom you have a personal relationship whether at home, church, work place, social media and other places that we meet and make fellowship. 

Ok.. I have criticized myself here so much because of that one issue, do I really have a good testimony.  I will confess and say yes.  There is a friend in the office that I relate with very funnily.  When I reported to this Department, I was told she is not a good lady, and I said I will check on her and see if truly this person is that bad as people are saying.  I kept on watching her and truly I noticed that she is not a very good lady.  But on the other hand I realized she is also a very good person I think it’s just the way she looks at herself and makes her look inferior but she is a strong person.  I decided to create some rapport with her after we crossed so badly and showed her my other bad side.  (You mean Rose you have a bad side?)  I will say yes I have.  Everybody has the way they express themselves when they are pushed to a corner and that time I always say Jesus is not there because it is our real self that shows up.   I tell you we all react differently.  I am not trying to say that bad side is good, but we are all working on it because, no one is perfect.  But we are made perfect in Christ Jesus and that is why everyday, we need him to help us.  In some cases we win the battle some other times we fall.  And it is in our falling that the Lord ministers to us by correcting, rebukes and make us whole.   Amen!  Glory be to Jesus. 

Back to my story, this lady of late we have become very good friends and now I have realized what she needs from me.  More appreciation, loving her more than before, empowering her and lifting her spirits, making her feel she is of value and not being undermined.  This experience has taught me so much that we always create bad relationships with those we interact with, because we refuse to know exactly who they are and what they need from us because God has a reason to make you have a relationship with that person whether its just a partial friend, workmate, relative and so on.  I have realized that instead of creating enemy with anybody, I seek for peace with everyone and I know I will have strong friendship with my friends, family members, neighbours and even social media friends. 

My prayer today is that the Lord will help me point out my mistakes every day and I work on them because I want to be more like him.  And it’s after I seek after him that he will come for me and make use of me.  In the recent past the Lord has really been using me and I am really glad because before I was a very idle person.  Complaining about my work place, how people do not like me, the way I am bored and so on and forth.  But I came to realize when you start having a fellowship with Christ; he will make you a busy person doing his work as you do yours.  He will always occupy you with the work that he has created you for and you will enjoy yourself whether in plenty or lack, whether you are loved or hated, whether you are at your best or your worst!  God is so faithful and he needs us to seek him more, love him with all our hearts and I tell you friend, you will not regret. 

Try God and give your life to him and you will never be the same again.  I decided to walk with him closely and I tell you the truth, there is no other friend who is closer than a brother than Jesus.  He is my best friend and I can’t trade him with anything (Proverbs 18:24) One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.  My prayer is  that he keeps me in his Kingdom and open for me many doors to serve him and share of His Good News to all and celebrate his victories because HE IS A MIGHTY GOD! 

Be encouraged and God bless you so much.  Amen!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful message Rose. Amen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bill! Thank you for the comment. I am happy to read it. God bless you. I am so excited you commented because it has encouraged me. Lovely!

      Delete