Monday 16 May 2011

Deliverance


Lord thank you for saving me the worst!

On 17th February 2011 was a day that always linger my mind when I remember about it.  I could not even write down what happened exactly after that incidence and now it has taken me like four months to write down what had happened on the material day.  Have you ever thought that you can kill a person!  To me, it has never occurred that I can kill someone until on that day when a worse thing happened to me and I nearly killed a person. 

Well, I know you are not in believe on what I am going to say and I know you are hoping that I did not abort since most of the time women we are known of killing by either aborting our children.  To me, this I have never experienced and I have never imagined myself aborting but I will say exactly what happened on this fateful day.

It was a midterm day for my son, and I had prepared throughout the day that am going to pick my son from school at around 3.00 p.m. since that was the time we were supposed to go and pick them from school.  It was a working day, and I decided to first work and then go later after 2.00 p.m to pick him.  But due to one two three things I was doing in the office I was late to leave at 2.00 p.m as expected and I left in some few minutes to 3.00 p.m.  I was hurrying up finalizing what I was doing in the office so that am not very late.  I had some letters I had to deliver first before I left for the day and I decided to pass through Sheria House to deliver the letters I had done from the office. 

I made it at Sheria House and dropped letters and I passed through some offices and said hi to a friend of mine we used to work with in the Ministry of Education.  As I said hi to him and his colleague and by the time I was leaving that office, time had really lapsed and I bid them bye after I explained to them that I really have to rush to go and pick my son from school. 

I left very fast and I thought since there was a big jam towards the direction I was heading, that day I tried and avoided all the jams using the skills I had by the matatu operators how they go maneuvering their way out in such scenarios and somehow, I made it from the Jam of town and I was now heading towards Westlands.  Usually there are some roads I do not use on a normal trip to my son’s school  but this day I used a road that passes through a school known as Oshwal in Westlands and I remember I was really trying to make my way fast so as not to be very late in picking the boy.  Unfortunately when we reached the gate of that school known as Oshwal, there were children who were being picked that particular time and I remember seeing a school bus parked outside the school and children were boarding it.  Others were playing beside the road and it was a normal school day and children were leaving for home.  In a flash of a second I saw a boy running across the road when I was just coming.  I was on speed 20 or 30 if am not wrong because what I know I was not on speed since there was a jam.  And this boy just crossed the road without checking whether there was a car coming and I was shocked because what I felt in a flash of a minute is that I hit the boy with my car bonnet and he fell on my left side and since I was still on motion I felt I have run over him because I felt like I jumped a pump and I could not believe I just hit that boy and run over him.  I was in terrified and shock. I stopped abruptly and run to check on the boy.  People who witness were just looking at me and no one said a word even the children who were playing around that area.  The children were just screaming the name of the boy and the passersby and other motorists were just looking at me to see what will happen. 

I tried calling people to come and help me and what I was hearing from other motorists is “mpeleke hospitali”.  Of course there is no way I would leave the boy there I  rushed to pick the boy but he was so heavy for me to lift him.  I called a man whom I saw very confused and he was trying to make a call.  Just to realize he was a driver to the school bus which  was coming to pick the children and was packed outside the school gate to pick them.  When he noticed the boy who was hit was a boy he knew he alighted from the bus and started calling the father to the boy.  He came towards me telling me am calling the father and I heard people screaming at him and telling him “wewe msaidie mpeleke mtoto hospitali” and that is when he came and held the boy on his legs side and I was holding his hands on the shoulders and I rushed him to MP Shah hospital. 

What I remember is I went on calling on the name of Jesus because I noticed the boy had a black out already.  He was not talking and he was a mhindi boy so he had started turning blue.  I was shocked to death and I could not believe I just killed someone’s son.  That could not sink in my mind and I went calling on the name of JESUS and screaming aloud.  This boy will not die in the name of Jesus.  Lord you know me I have never killed and I will never kill but this boy will not die because even in the first place I knew it was not my mistake it was his but I told God it does not matter whether it was my mistake or the boy’s mistake this boy  will live to tell of the Lord I serve and the prayer I made for his life that he will live. 

In a short time since the hospital was not very far it was like a kilometer from the scene of the accident I took the boy together with the driver and we took him in through the emergency door and he was taken in very fast and some nurses came running to see and act accordingly.  I thank God that the nurse that came was another Mhidi lady who told me madam stop crying just calm down we check on the boy.  We are sorry on what happened but we will check on him.  Stop panicking.  I could not stop praying this time round I was not shouting but in my heart I was really praying.  The boy had woken up and he was crying and asking for his father.   Luckily enough the driver was able to call the relatives and in a few minutes a relative came and they started talking to the boy together with the nurse. 

He was done all the tests and guess what to my surprise the boy had no broken bone. He had only bruises that were treated.   After realizing that all the tests were ok and nothing was wrong only that the boy was in shock the doctors said they will observe him for some time and by that time all the parents arrived.  Surprisingly no one was talking ill of me or blaming me they were very calm and they also assured me their boy will be ok because even me I had cried so much not believing what had happened.  By the Grace of God I was there for two hours and the boy was later released to go home.  I saw the hand of God that day and up-to date I give thanks because God saved me the worst because I could not have forgiven myself to kill someone.  That was a very big test for me but the Lord saw me through me.  When the Bible tells me I will not leave you, nor forsake you that is a very true promise bearing in mind how God came for me and saved the boy on my behalf.  I do not like imagining what would have happened if that boy did not make it to life but I thank God for He heard the cry of my heart and harkened to my It. 

I left the hospital after the boy and the relatives left and proceeded to my son’s school.  It was already dark but I had called his school Head and told her that I had an accident so he takes care of my son until I arrive.  When I reached the school I found my son so worried and he wondered what had happened because according to him that was the first encounter with me picking him beyond the expected hours after all the others were picked.   

I went to the head teacher’s office and I narrated the whole story and they were very sorry for me and he called my son and I took him home.  I could not go without telling my son what had happened and he was very terrified.  I told him so that he can understand that God really cares and he loves us as his children.  As his mother, things will happen to me but because I trust in God, He will always come to my rescue.  I wanted him to understand that most of the time the things that happen to us as human being God will always make a way out for us and as shocking as it was my son made a comment and said “Mum, God knew you had no intentions of killing that boy and he knows you love us as your children and there is no way that boy would have died.  He is just like me your son.” And to be honest I was really touched by my son’s comments that if a man can see my intention were clean, what about hour Father in Heaven.  He knows us.  He loves us and he really cares for us.  Even when the devil has planned things against us, those weapons he sets will never prosper God will always rescue you and me.

What did I learn out of this experience is that in all ways we give thanks to God trust in Him and His mercies.  I always thank God and praise God when I remember this incident because even when am on the road am more alert since anything can happen.  Am not saying a repeat of the same cannot happen but I told the devil I will not be a coward I will always walk in his goodness and pray for his protection and favour even when am on the road. 

Let me encourage you and tell you that God knows all your intentions and he cannot test you with what you cannot handle and he will always be there for you.  Glory be to my father in Heaven.  As I write this, it is now four months since the accident occurred and I have never heard any complaint as concerning the boy and I always thank God for that miracle of saving a life.  Lord I give you thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment