Thursday 23 February 2012

WHO IS YOUR GOD!


As I was reading Acts 17:16-31, I could not wait to finish reading the passage I share with you what the Lord was teaching me from the same.  These words really touched me and I said Gosh!  You mean even the servants of God like Paul went through all what we go through as just ordinary people because we usually take the Servants of God like Paul to be more special than us?  But the fact is, we are all the same in the eyes of God it’s only that we limit ourselves because of the choices we make on who we want to be in the sight of God.  When I talk about God I mean the true God!

Paul was trying to preach the good news, but not everyone took it positively and this remark was made to him by those who were trying to oppose his teachings.  “What is this babbler trying to say” That remark is captured in Acts 17:18. Is anyone feeling me really!  As in, those words are so painful and one needs to be offended.  Well, I am not trying to justify in one being offended here, but I know many would not take those words kindly.  I would want to share with you my dear friends that God can deliver us from the spirit of offense as I am learning from the book of (John Bevere, the Bait of Satan – Living free from the deadly trap of offense).  I have learnt this as I have continued to have a walk and fellowship with the son of God, I now can behave and act like Paul buy just ignoring remarks that are made against me, not because they are not hurting, but focusing on what I want to say as much as I know there will be an opposition on what I will say.  Paul ignored all those remarks made by the Epicurean and Stoic philosophers but went ahead to preach the good news of Jesus and his resurrection.  Let me encourage you, do not relent on spreading the good news to the world.  God has called all of us to share the gospel of Jesus Christ to the whole world and you are not an exception as a child of God! You may say but I am not a pastor, nor do I minister in church but I will tell you I am not one and I have never gone to any school to be taught all what I am doing here now!  The Holy Spirit has taught me and I know I can reach to many just as you can.  I am not even a pastor; I am just an ordinary lady who is realizing the gifting that the Lord has in store for me and to be honest, I could not realize myself until I surrendered to God and now He is blessing me and I am enjoying to know all the purposes that he has created me for day by day. 

That remark made to Paul, reminded me of one time I was a young girl in Class 6.  There is a boy that I crossed and he was really mad at me.  He tried to see how he could revenge and I remember he did not beat me physically, but he made a remark nearly similar to that was made to Paul when he was trying to preach the good news at Athens.  The young boy said “We kwenda na vile unasungumza kama typewriter”!  Meaning, “Go away you who speaks like a typewriter”!  Those remarks were not very easy to me, because naturally I am a fast talker and sometime I need someone to tone me.  To be honest I want to confess I have never forgiven that boy until today, when I was reading this passage the Lord reminded me of this incident and I am praying that the Lord forgives me for or carrying this sin to date and forgive me for the sin offense.  As you continue reading the word of God, He will reveal to you so many things even your past sins so that you repent about them and He will set you free.  Today, I do not know where Kauka is, (the boy am talking about) but I wish he knew how I have been carrying him all these years.  But to be very honest, it is not about Kauka, but it is all about me.  What the young boy was trying to say was nearly similar to what Paul was told that he is a babbler!   For my case the young man meant I talk so fast just like a typewriter to offend me because I had hurt him.  I was really offended and I felt like changing my way of talking that day.  I will not focus on that offence so much for now because I have prayed and asked God to forgive me and lease Kauka wherever he is to God and pray for him.  But I want to ask you, how many times have people ridiculed you, basing on your personality or just a judgment that they have concluded about you?   Until in the recent past when I learnt about personalities I had issues with the way I reason and react to matters.   I realized each personality has its advantaged and disadvantages and God created you just as you are with your personality for a purpose in his Kingdom and I do not need to hate myself.  What I should really care about is asking the Holy Spirit to guide me especially when I am about to do something in regard to anything I will come across because I can’t change who God created me as, but I can change on my character (Philippians 1:27 27 Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in the one Spirit,[a] striving together as one for the faith of the gospel) and the way I think, (Romans 12:2 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will) basing on the facts of the teachings of Jesus Christ.  

Well, I am not trying to express about personalities here today, nor do I really want to comment so much on the remarks on both cases, that is mine and Paul’s, but I want to ask you, who is your God?  I am privileged to know the true God, who I did not know when I was born, but a God I was preached to about by other ministers of the Gospel like Paul, and am not an exceptional because I received the good news so that I will share it with others and help them know about this God that I serve with all my heart. 

I do not want to be a judge here today and judge the God that you are serving because the Bible is very clear to me that (Matthew 7:1 1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you). What I am just trying to share with you the same gospel that Paul shared with those who lived in his days and am sharing with you because it is the same Gospel.  I respect the god that you serve and you know very well the one you serve, but I would love to invite you to know the true living God and as you learn about Him, you will know more about him and he will open your eyes to know the wonderful things that are hidden in his Law through the Holy Spirit.  I know in the world of today, we have so many gods that we serve, the god of money, job, men, animals and so forth but I am welcoming you to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ the Son of God who came and died so that we can be set free from the bondage of the Satan.

I would love to hear from you if you would really want to have a personal relationship with Jesus.  Today chose the right God and you will never be the same again.  “Acts 17:18 Paul seems to be a proclaimer of foreign gods,” because he preached to them Jesus.  I am also doing the same and you have the freedom to either reject or approve what I am trying to teach/preach and I will never judge you!  May the Lord hear the cry of your heart and soften you to receive Him as your Lord and personal savior and if you had backslidden that he brings you back on the track and you will be healed and be restored just like He did to me.

Be blessed as you seek to know more about the good news! JESUS! gatoburose6@gmail.com  or rosegatobu@yahoo.com

2 comments: